Production: Learning and performing all steps of hand rolling Brigadeiros with our Chef Chocolatier;
- Participate in the process of scoop and finalize our Signature Cookies;
- Learn new techniques to finalize seasonal new creations;
- Organizing and sorting inventory with the team;
- Building and unfold boxes;
- Customer service when required. Sometimes, the store gets busier than usual we may need an extra support, but we will teach you all the details;
Safety: Adhering to strict safety standards, food safety, and quality procedures;
Maintenance: Cleaning and maintaining our production facility, including machines;
Requirements for the positions:
Ability to work legally in Canada (work visa or permanent resident);
- Currently living in Canada;
- Detail-oriented. We must meet a high level of consistency, so this attribute is critical;
- Able to follow instructions and adjust work based on provided feedback;
- Able to understand and speak English at an intermediate level;
Must have Food Handler Certificate;
- Being Vaccinated against COVID, so we can keep the entire team and the community in serve safe;
- Part Time - 20hrs and weekend availability if necessary;
- Be able to work alone and on a team;
These are a physical jobs, but it’s a labor of love. We prefer that candidates have kitchen experience, as it helps with the pace and the demand of this position.
Our production store is located at 1912 Danforth Avenue, just a 5 minute walk from Woodbine Station.
- This part-time position is Tuesdays through Thursdays or Thursdays to Saturdays
- 30% discount in the most of our products;
- 2 weeks vacation during the year plus 2 weeks after New Year as part of our annual winter break after the busiest season. We also take a break in the last week of summer before labor Day for a fully reset;
- We work with flexibility and we will do our best to accommodate your needs in case you need to go in a vacay in a different period;
- We are looking for a long term and stable position;
- Chocolate and tasting opportunities in events;
- Free beverages and snacks;
- Safe work place. We at MB are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
- Benefits (after 3 months): Our benefit package includes 3 paid sick days and it comes with periodic services that we encourage you like massage, chiropractor, acupuncture, dance classes, discounts in therapy session, etc. Mary is an advocate in activities to support your mental health and to encourage you to try new things, create hobbies outside the work space! We like to think outside the box and offer something different to increase and motivate different activities.
How to Apply
Mary's Brigadeiro is growing and we have big plans to this year. We are invested in people who takes ownership over their role and are interested in contributing in a bigger way with us, people who has passion and work together as a team. If you are interested, we’d like to see your resume and a cover letter that includes a couple of sentences about what excites you about working with us. Keep in mind that we value passion, attitude, hard work and things outside the box, so tell us what inspires you to want to be the next Chocolate Hero and part of the story at Mary's Brigadeiro.
Email your resume to: email@example.com
Starting Day: July - August/2023